UP 2 「How to make my grandmother's omelet rice」

Omelet rice has permeated as a representative Western food in Japan. However, omelet rice actually originated in Japan. Generally, I often use ketchup rice or butter rice. Omelet rice is a high-calorie food, so be careful not to eat too much.

My grandmother often make omelet rice for me. Her omelet rice is made with ketchup rice. She made me an omelet rice for my birthday and wrote "おめでとう" on the omelet with ketchup. I was very happy. The omelet rice my grandma makes is a memorable food for me. So let me introduce you to this omulet rice recipe.


Instrument
・cutting board
・kitchen knife
・frypan
・wooden spatula
・bowl

Ingredients
・2 eggs
・300g rice
・30g carrot
・4/1 of an onion
・10g green peas
・1 tablespoon suger
・2 tablespoon ketchup (for ketchup rice)
・10g ketchup (for adding to the omelet rice at the end)



1. First, Wash a carrot and peel the carrot and  onion. And chop the carrot and onion. You must cut both into 5mm squares.



2. Second, Fry chopped onions, chopped carrots and green peas in a frying pan for 5 minutes. You must put a tablespoon of oil in a frying pan and wait a minute or so for it to heat up before adding the chopped onions, chopped carrot and green peas.



3. Third, Add 2 tablespoons of ketchup and mix. This time you must put out the fire.




4. Put rice in fying pan (from part 3) and mix. Mix until the rice is evenly colored. 



5. Next, Put the finished ketchup rice on a plate. Place the ketchup rice in a dome shape in the center of the plate.



6. Next, Crack 2 eggs, put them in a bowl, add 1 tablespoon of sugar and mix. Be careful not to let the egg shell get in.



7. After heat a frying pan and add oil, Put the beaten egg (from part 6) into the frying pan heat for 3 minutes.



8. After the egg catches fire, Put the egg on top of the ketchup rice.



9. Finally, Pour ketchup over the egg(from part 8). It's good to just put ketchup on it, but it's also recommended to write your favorite words.  



This omelet rice recipe uses ketchup rice, but it is also recommended to use butter rice. But Omelet rice is high calories food. So, it is not eat too mach. If you want to reduce calories, cut the amount of rice in half and add no sugar to the eggs. Also, You can write letters with ketchup and arrange them. It's good to make it for yourself, but I think it will be a good memory if you make it for someone else. Please try making them.

コメント

  1. I learned for the first time that omelet rice originated in Japan. Also, your recipe is easy to understand. I like omelet rice, so I would like make it with your recipe.

    返信削除
  2. I don't know the omelet rice are originated in Japan.
    I think that it is difficult that to cook eggs. Your omelet rice looks so delicious!

    返信削除
  3. Hello, Aono. This omelet looks so delicious!! You are good at cooking. I would like to make that with your recipe.

    返信削除
  4. Hello, Aono. That recipe looks very tasty, doesn't it? I often cook for myself, so I would like to make it as a reference.

    返信削除

コメントを投稿